Thursday, September 25, 2008

Apple Pies - 1.1

Great fall afternoons are made for two things - a long run in the woods and some good ol' fashioned baking (after a shower, of course!). And, today, I did both. To start off, this Thursday was such a great day. I was informed that Neil Diamond, my favorite singer EVER, was coming back to Massachusetts this fall. Promptly, I e-mailed an invite to my grandma to join Biscuit and I at this concert. With encouragement from her friend, Mike ("Go, Mary, GO!"), Grammoo informed me that she would come along to the show! That made my day!


Another positive was my run in the woods and Biscuit's decision to order sushi for dinner. I was excited to eat, but I had a busy night still ahead of me. Magically, my three dozen maple snickerdoodles disappeared, and it was requested that I make some more. Indeed, I also made a pie for a Debate Watching Party that I am attending tomorrow.

Having a little extra dough, I made a mini-pie, or what Biscuit called .1 pie. When the two pies were next to each other, he referred to the package deal as Pie 1.1. HA! Well, here is Mama Pie along with Baby (.1) Pie.


As I uploaded this picture, Biscuit exclaimed "Wow, that pie looks so small. It looks like it is being led around by the big pie." I could not agree more, Biscuit My Love! Well, he did not seem to mind the size of the pie as he was munching on it, as seen below...

It looks like a busy weekend on tap, with Biscuit playing in a tennis match, and the aforementioned Presidential Debate Party we are attending. I may have a chance to bake, and if I do, you will be the first to know. A big SHOUT OUT to all of my friends at Widener Library. Too bad I can't send you chocolate to eat over the internet. Love you, Grammoo! Happy baking!

No comments: